If you can smell burning, see fire or arcing or there are carbon monoxide fumes
Call 0800 111 999 for free 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Think you have a gas leak
Are worried about carbon monoxide fumes
In the event of a gas emergency
Open doors and windows manually to allow ventilation (if the smell is indoors)
Turn off gas at the emergency control valve by the meter, if accessible – normally turned off when the handle is at right angles to the pipe
Avoid or put out any naked flames safely.
Open electrical security entry doors or locks
Turn any electrical switches on or off
Use mobile phones
Turn on any gas appliances
Strike any matches or do anything that could ignite the gas.