Business customers - how to complain

If you’re a business customer and not happy, we’re here to try to sort things out quickly. We aim to make sure that we handle all complaints fairly and efficiently and we’ll always handle your complaint confidentially.

We’re committed to continually improve our customer service and learn from any feedback we receive.

Raising a business energy complaint

Let us know what the problem is. We'll make every effort to get your business energy complaint sorted there and then, but sometimes it can take a little longer. We believe the easiest and fastest way to resolve your complaint is via the phone.

Our business energy customers can call 0330 088 2679 or email We’re available from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

You can also write to us at Shell Energy UK Limited, Elder House, 586-592 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.

We aim to respond to your complaint straight away, but if we are unable to we will provide a complaint number and your complaint will be assigned to a complaints handler, who will respond within 10 working days. Some more complex issues may take longer to resolve, in these cases we will ensure you are updated regularly until a resolution is reached.

If 10 working days have passed after raising your complaint and you have had no response, please contact us quoting your complaint number.

Click here to view our complaints performance.

Possible outcomes

If, after we review your complaint, we identify that a mistake has been made, we will try to work with you to put things right. The outcome will always result in one of the following:

  • An apology

  • An explanation

  • Financial payment

  • Action to put things right.

Dedicated ongoing support

If your business energy complaint has been recorded (you have a complaint reference) and aren’t satisfied with the resolution offered to you or remain unhappy with the service you have received, please contact us to escalate your complaint.

Call 0330 088 2679 or email We’re available from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Your case will be reviewed, and a full and final response provided to you.

If we are unable to reach as resolution, we will issue a ‘Deadlock Letter’ explaining our final position and outlining your right to seek advice from independent third parties such as Citizens Advice, should you wish to.

Citizens Advice offers free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. Visit their website at or call 0808 223 1133 or 0808 223 1144 (Welsh language) to find out how they can help.

Micro businesses - if we can’t resolve your complaint.

If you’re a microbusiness and we can’t resolve your complaint within eight weeks, we’ll get in touch to let know you have the right to pass your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman is an independent body that exists to resolve disputes between energy suppliers and their customers. It is free to use their services and they make their decision based only on the information available.

There are several ways to contact them:

Visit: Call: 0330 440 1624 Email: Write to: Energy Ombudsman, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.

Our responsibilities

Ofgem provides specific complaint handling and management guidance to energy suppliers via the Gas and Electricity (Consumer Complaints Handling Process) Regulations 2008.

Are you a residential customer?

If you're a residential customer, please visit our residential complaints page to direct your complaint to the right place.